📋 RECIPE - Vegan Reuben Sandwich
This delicious vegan Reuben Sandwich is toasted and includes a drizzle of Vegan Russian Dressing.
- 2 slices thick white bread sourdough, bloomer or tiger, toasted
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 3-4 tbsp pickled cabbage or sauerkraut
- 3 slices vegan cheddar
- 3 pickled baby beets sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan Russian dressing see notes
- black pepper
First, toast the bread. For a fuller, less squished toasted sandwich it is better to toast it first.
Spread both slices with mayo.
Top one slice with a layer of pickled cabbage (pat it with kitchen paper to remove excess vinegar).
Now add the cheese slices and season with black pepper before grilling (broiling) until melted.
Add slices of beetroot, then drizzle over a generous amount of vegan Russian dressing, it really makes this sandwich special.
Top with the other slice of toasted bread, cut in half and serve.
- Try this easy Vegan Russian Dressing, it takes a couple of minutes to make and is utterly delicious.
- You can vary your bread and toast in a panini machine or toastie machine if you like, but I like to make it with ready toasted bread.
- The beetroot can be cooked and plain or pickled.
- You may use sauerkraut instead of pickled cabbage.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 1363mg | Potassium: 154mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 43IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 3mg