Air Fryer Golden Syrup Flapjacks
An easy recipe for Scottish air fryer golden syrup flapjacks. A chewy oat bar that's super simple to make.
Servings: 16 bars
- 250 g vegan butter or dairy-free spread
- 200 g golden syrup
- 50 g brown sugar
- 400 g porridge oats also known as rolled oats
- 1 pinch salt
Grease and line a brownie pan. Mine is a 20 cm (8 inch) square pan, but you may need a smaller baking tin depending on your air fryer size.
In a pan melt the vegan butter, golden syrup and brown sugar. Once melted set aside.
Measure the oats and salt into a mixing bowl and mix.
Pour the wet ingredients in and mix well until the oats are completely coated.
Pour the flapjack mixture into the pan and press down firmly to make as even a layer as you can.
Bake in your air fryer at 180c or 350 f for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Remove from the air fryer and leave to cool in the pan.
Once cool, you can carefully remove the block from the pan and cut into 16 bars or you could cut into 25 smaller bites.
To oven cook, preheat your oven (same temperature), but check on it after 20 minutes and keep an eye on the flapjacks so they don't brown too much.
- Your air fryer might not be big enough to hold a brownie pan, do measure first to see if one will fit, it not look for one or two smaller pans.
- My air fryer has shelves, if yours does not, then pop something underneath the pan, when you pop it in the drawer to raise it off the bottom.
- The flapjacks can be kept in a cake tin or airtight container for up to a week. I like to wrap them in baking paper.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 106mg | Potassium: 99mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 597IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg