Easy Vegan Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate Pot with Dates
An easy vegan chocolate mousse (or chocolate pot) sweetened with dates. The most delicious chocolate dessert.
Servings: 6 desserts
- 180 g medjool dates (10 large dates)
- 250 ml nut milk (or whatever milk you buy)
- 160 g dark chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- 1 pinch salt
Roughly tear the dates, discarding the pits and soak in just boiled water for 10 minutes. This will help to soften them.
Heat up the nut milk in a pan (or in a jug in the micrwave) and set aside.
Finely slice some dark chocolate for decoration (or set some choc chips aside) with a knife, you want about 2 tablespoons of shaved chocolate.
Chop the rest of the chocolate and add to a blender or food processor, then pour over the hot nut milk. Drain the soft dates and add them and the salt, then carefully blend until smooth.
Divide the mixture between 6 glasses, ramekins or jam jars and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours until set. Cover them if you are keeping them in the fridge for longer.
To serve scatter over the chocolate shavings and any other toppings you like.
- You can use dark chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate.
- You can use your regular milk.
- You can use another type of date but you won't get that toffee-like flavour.
- Jam jars are great for storing these in the fridge, covered.
- If you are serving these with whipped vegan cream, don't add it until you are just about o serve them. Store them in the fridge without cream.
- For a Christmas dessert you could add orange extract, orange zest and nutmeg.
Serving: 1dessert pot | Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 40mg | Potassium: 399mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 3mg