Vegan Grinder Salad with Corn
This vegan corn grinder salad is the delicious salad added to grinder sandwiches with the most heavenly dressing and added corn.
Servings: 3 salads
- 2 baby gem lettuce (or a small iceberg lettuce, shredded)
- ½ cucumber (halved lengthways and seeds removed, then sliced)
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 10 small peppadew peppers (or 1 roasted red pepper, chopped)
- 165 g canned corn (198g/7 oz can, drained)
- 5 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 ½ tablespoons white wine vinegar (or cider vinegar)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (more if you like)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
First, make your salad dressing. Add all the dressing ingredients to a clean jam jar or other dressing container, add the lid and shake well to emulsify.
Taste to check the seasoning and adjust if necessary, then set aside.
Prep your salad vegetables, then add the to a large bowl, I used a mixing bowl.
Once you are ready to serve, add the dressing and mix well to coat.
If you can't find peppadew peppers, which are mini jarred peppers that are a little spicy and in a tangy brine, you can use roasted red pepper, jarred is fine.
You can make the salad ahead, but the lettuce won't be as crunchy.
Don't add the salad dressing until you are ready to serve.
Serving: 1 large salad | Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2281IU | Vitamin C: 60mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg