Vegan Cheese Ploughman's Sandwich
The cheese ploughman's sandwich is a British classic. This recipe is vegan and adds an ingredient often missed in this popular sandwich.
Servings: 1 -2
- 1 baguette baton roll, bap or two slices of bread
- 2-3 tsp vegan mayo
- handful salad leaves
- 2-3 slices vegan cheese sliced lengthways
- 1 ripe tomato sliced
- ½ apple sliced
- 2 tbsp vegan coleslaw
- 2 tbsp sandwich pickle (or chutney
Cut your baguette baton in half and spread the lower half with mayo.
Top with salad leaves, slices of tomato, then slices of cheese.
Next, add the apple slices.
Top the apple with the coleslaw, then spread the top of the baton with pickle.
Serve and enjoy!
- If you are making ahead, you may want to toss the apple slices in lemon juice so they don't brown.
- This sandwich is quite large, you could cut it in half and serve for two with a side salad and a handful of crisps (chips).
- This sandwich is best made and served fresh, but can be made in the morning for lunchtime.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 391kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12.6g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 592mg | Fiber: 5.5g | Sugar: 28g