Vegan Macaroni Salad
This quick and creamy macaroni salad is great for lunch boxes, picnics, BBQs and as a side salad.
- 125 g dried elbow macaroni see notes for other pasta options
- ½ red pepper sliced and diced
- 3 tbsp cooked sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp cooked chickpeas
- 6 tbsp vegan mayo
- handful fresh basil leaves chopped
- pinch salt and pepper
Cook and rinse your pasta until it's cold and glossy.
Prep your veg and add the pasta and veg to a large bowl.
Add fresh basil and mayo to the bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Mix well and taste to check the seasoning.
- You can use straight-cut macaroni, bow-tie pasta (farfalle) or spiral pasta (fusilli) instead of elbow macaroni.
- Make sure your only cook the pasta until it is al dente (cooked but firm) and rinse under cold water until completely cold. This will result in glossy firm pasta for the best pasta salad.
- You may use more mayo if you would like a thicker dressing but you may need more seasoning.
- You can keep this pasta salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- To serve allow to come to room temperature for 10 minutes before serving as the cold dampens the flavours.
- It would serve 2 for lunch or 4 as a side.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 284kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 498IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg