Vegan Creamy Cheese Pasta Salad
This cheese pasta salad is perfect for vegan lunch boxes, but it's also good as a side dish or an option for picnics, BBQs, potlucks & buffets.
- 125 g dried elbow macaroni
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 5 tbsp vegan mayo
- 3 tbsp vegan cheddar grated
- pinch paprika more if you like
- pinch salt and pepper
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
Cook the pasta in a large pot with plenty of water until al dente (firm but cooked). Check the packet instructions as a guide.
Drain the pasta in a colander then cool under running cold water until completely cold.
In a large bowl, mash the cream cheese to soften it, then add the mayo and grated cheese.
Add a generous pinch of paprika and season with salt and pepper and mix well.
Pour the pasta into a large bowl and mix in the cheese sauce. Taste it to check the seasoning.
Mix in the spring onions, then serve.
- Cheese pasta salad can be kept in the fridge for 3 days. Store in an airtight container. Give it a stir to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce before serving as the dressing can settle at the bottom of the tub.
- For the best flavour, take the pasta salad out of the fridge for 5-10 minutes to take the chill of it.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 178mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g