Easy Vegan Broccoli & Pea Soup
Flavor-packed broccoli and pea soup that's super easy to make and a healthy choice for lunch.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large broccoli cut into florets (set aside the stalks)
- 150 g frozen peas
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock
- pinch salt and pepper
Slice and chop the broccoli stalks into small
In a large pan, saute the onion and garlic until
Add the chopped broccoli stalks and cook for a few minutes. If it catches on the bottom of the pan add a splash of water.
Add the broccoli florets and frozen peas to the pot, then pour over the vegetable stock.
Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook gently for 20-25 minutes until the broccoli is soft.
Blend until smooth and season with salt and pepper.
Serve with a swirl of vegan cream.
- The nutrition in this card is for 4 large portions of soup without cream.
- The Alpro cream I used is 21 calories for 1 tablespoon, but other brands may vary, so check the packet.
- This soup can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- It can be frozen for 3-4 months.
Serving: 4gCalories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 5gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 53mgPotassium: 527mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 948IUVitamin C: 138mgCalcium: 81mgIron: 1mg