Vegetable Pinwheel Sandwiches for Kids
Colourful pinwheel sandwiches filled with kid-friendly vegetables for lunch boxes.
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2-3 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- pinch dried oregano
- 1 small carrot grated
- ¼ red pepper finely diced
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn I used tinned, but you can lightly cook frozen or fresh sweetcorn
- 1 - 2 tsp vegan pesto
- 4 basil leaves optional
Spread the cream cheese right to the edges.
Sprinkle over the oregano.
Sprinkle the sweetcorn, grated carrot and diced peppers evenly across the wrap.
Dot little dollops of pesto across the wrap.
Scatter over a few leaves of basil.
Roll the tortilla firmly into a tube, then slice into 2 ½ cm 1 inch slices.
- The herbs are optional. With some children, you will get away with the dried herbs but not the fresh herbs.
- For adults why not add chilli flakes?
- You can fill with a thicker layer or filling, but I find a thinner layer is better for children.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 494kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 386mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g