Easy Broccoli Pesto
An easy recipe for a lush, green broccoli pesto with no cheese. Can be made with standard broccoli or tenderstem broccoli.
Servings: 8 servings
- 60 g broccoli 10 stalks tenderstem or 4-6 florets standard broccoli
- 10 g fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 g cashew nuts
- 250 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
Whizz all the ingredients until smooth or nearly smooth in a blender, food processor, pestle and mortar or in a beaker or jug with a hand blender.
Taste to check and adjust the seasoning.
Serve and enjoy!
- You may use standard broccoli instead of tenderstem.
- You may add vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast (nooch) if you like, but do try it without it.
- This pesto can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- This pesto can be frozen in portions and defrosted in the fridge.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 39kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 49mg