Vegan Cheese & Chive Beer Bread
Easy vegan cheese and chive bread, that's super quick to make with no yeast, no kneading and you can use plain (all-purpose) or self-raising flour.
- 375 g self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp vegan parmesan grated
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- a good grinding of black pepper
- 330 ml 1 ½ cups beer
Preheat your oven to 190c/170c fan/375f/gas mark 5.
Grease a 2 lb / 900g loaf tin.
Add the flour, sugar, cheese, yeast, chives, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl and mix well.
Pour the beer into the dried ingredients and fold in until just combined. Try not to over mix.
Bake in your pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
Remove from the tin.
Turn the loaf upside down and tap the bottom, if it sounds hollow it is ready, if not pop it in for a little longer.
Cool on a baking rack, then slice and serve.
- If you don't have self-raising flour, you can use plain flour and 1 tbsp of baking powder as the raising agent.
- You can just use parmesan or nutritional yeast if you don't have one or the other.
- Beer bread is best served on the day it is made, but you can toast it the next day.
Serving: 10gCalories: 174kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 7gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 266mgPotassium: 111mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 32IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg