VEGAN STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE MUFFINS
HOW DO YOU GET THAT STRAWBERRY FLAVOUR?
Strawberry Milkshake Powder Update!
26 April 2022 (update)
So, it appears that Nesquik Strawberry Milkshake powder may not be suitable for vegans because of one of the colourings.
The good news is that Dinoshakes do a vegan strawberry powder.
There are also some other vegan milkshake powders and protein shake powders available from other brands too.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE VEGAN STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE MUFFINS?
- 12 hole muffin tin (or use a 6 hole muffin tin a second time while the first batch is cooling)
- 12 cupcake or muffin cases
- Mixing bowl, jug, spoon, and a spatula (or wooden spoon) for mixing
- Plain (all-purpose) flour
- Strawberry milkshake powder
- Caster Sugar
- Baking powder
- Salt (just a little)
- Oat milk (or whatever milk you have in the fridge)
- Vegetable oil (or other mild oil)
- Strawberry jam
BEST WAY TO SCOOP BATTER INTO MUFFIN CASES
Want a delicious waffle recipe? Try my vegan cinnamon waffles.
MOST IMPORTANT MUFFIN MAKING TIP
try these next - Easy Vegan Lemon Muffins or Vegan Chocolate Muffins
HOW LONG DO HOMEMADE MUFFINS LAST?
CAN HOMEMADE MUFFINS BE FROZEN?
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE MUFFINS
Vegan Strawberry Milkshake Muffins
- 250 ml oat milk mixed with 4 tsp milkshake powder
- 1 tsp vinegar choose a clear vinegar
- 250 g plain all-purpose flour
- 100 g strawberry milkshake powder
- 100 g caster sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil or other mild clear oil
- 6 tsp strawberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 180c/160c fan/350f/gas mark 4.
- Fill a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin or cupcake
- Make your milkshake up by mixing your oat milk and
milkshake powder in a jug, then add the vinegar, mix and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add your flour, milkshake powder,
salt, sugar, and baking powder.
- Add the oil to the buttermilk and mix, then pour it
into the dry ingredients and fold in. Do not overmix! Only fold until just
combined. don't worry about the odd bit of flour mixed in.
- Use an ice cream scoop (or spoon) to half fill the
- Add ½ teaspoon of jam to the middle of each case of
batter, then top with more batter until the cases are about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and baked
through. Use a skewer to see if they are ready. Tips in the notes below.
- Remove from the oven, leaving the muffins in the
tray for a few minutes, before moving them to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Use a skewer or toothpick to see if they are ready. Insert it into a muffin, if it comes out clean they are ready, if there is batter on it they need a little longer.
- The muffins can be kept in an airtight container for 3 days. If you pop the box in the fridge when they are cool, you will get another couple of days out of them.
- The muffins can be frozen in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Defrost at room temperature.