This super quick, vegan creamy dip is great for dunking chips in, especially if they are spicy.
VEGAN LEMON & CHIVE DIP FOR CHIPS
Lemon is so often used as a flavouring in sweet dishes, but it's good in savoury dishes like this vegan lemon & chive dip for chips.
It's a super creamy dip with some tang from the lemon and a soft oniony flavour from the chives.
It's also very quick and easy to make. You can whip this one up in a couple of minutes, then pop it in the fridge until you need it.
I made a small portion for two, but you could easily make a bigger batch.
WHAT KIND OF CHIPS IS THIS DIP GOOD WITH?
Here in the UK when we talk about chips we are usually referring to what Americans call French Fries, although ours are somewhat fatter.
French fries or British chips would both be an excellent pairing with this dip.
What I was really thinking of was tortilla chips, which are also sometimes known as nachos. They are the perfect chip to dunk in this creamy dip.
Any other type of crisps would be good too.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU SERVE THIS DIP WITH?
This dip is simple but versatile, here are a few more ideas for serving it.
- French Fries
- Tortilla Chips
- Salty Pretzels
- Spiced Potato Wedges
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet Potato Wedges
- Burgers (as a topping)
- Crunchy Veg
- As a coleslaw dressing
- As a potato salad dressing
- Pizza (for dunking). Try Vegan Sesame Bagel Pizza
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS DIP?
This dip is made with just a few basic ingredients.
- Vegan mayo
- Vegan Greek yoghurt (plain would do instead)
- Lemon juice
- a knife - to cut the chives
- a bowl - or jug to mix the dip in
- a spoon - to mix the dip
SMALL BATCH DIP
HOW LONG CAN DIP BE STORED IN THE FRIDGE?
CAN THIS DIP BE FROZEN
WANT NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX?
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN LEMON & CHIVE DIP
Vegan Lemon & Chive Dip for Chips
- 4 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp vegan plain or greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- a small handful of fresh chives
- a good grinding of salt and pepper
- Chop the chives finely.
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl or jug and
- Taste to check the seasoning.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
- Don't add any zest to this dip, it will look pretty but it will overpower
all the other flavours.
- You can actually substitute fresh chives with dried in this dish, as long as you make the dip ahead and leave it in the fridge for a while. Half a teaspoon of dried chives will be enough.
- You can make a bigger batch of this dip, by doubling or tripling the recipe.
- This dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- This dip is not great frozen and can become watery, so I don't recommend freezing it.