For an easy lunch or dinner make this vegan bagel pizza (includes tips on changing up the flavours). Serve hot or cold.
VEGAN SESAME BAGEL PIZZA
We've tried quick homemade pizza on so many different bases.
We've used flour tortillas, naan bread, baguette, toasted rolls and even puff pastry.
What can I say, we love pizza!
They all make good quick pizza bases, but these bagels have to be the best yet.
They make a crisp and tasty pizza base that's really filling.
They hold the topping well too.
WHY I LOVE BAGEL PIZZA
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
- The base is fabulous and crunchy
- They are ready in a few minutes
- There's no mess and little washing up
- They taste great
- They are cheap to make
- They are popular with all the family
- Everyone can have their own favourite toppings
- They are good hot or cold
- They work well in lunchboxes
- They are good for lunch or dinner
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE VEGAN SESAME BAGEL PIZZAS
- Sesame bagel
- Tomato puree
- Dried oregano
- Vegan mozzarella
- Chilli flakes
- Salad tomato
- Fresh basil
And why not try adding a sprinkle of this easy homemade pizza seasoning. It's amazing stuff!
USING BAGELS AS A PIZZA BASE
QUICK PIZZA SAUCE
- Sundried tomato paste
- Tomato puree mixed with paprika
- Tomato puree mixed with chilli powder
- Shop-bought pizza sauce
- Red pesto
- Marinara sauce
- Tomato and basil
- Spinach and sundried tomato
- Spinach and pine nuts
- Sauteed mushrooms and parsley
- Tendertem broccoli sauteed in garlic
- Caramelised onion and slices of cooked vegan sausages
- Cherry tomato and pesto
- Roasted red peppers and basil
- Roast vegetables
Love a twist on pizza? Try these gorgeous Pastry Pizza Twists.
LUNCH BOX PIZZA
HOW LONG CAN YOU STORE BAGEL PIZZAS?
MORE PIZZA IDEAS
WANT NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX?
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BAGEL PIZZAS
Vegan Sesame Bagel Pizza
- 1 sesame bagel or plain
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- pinch of dried oregano or dried basil
- 3 tbsp vegan mozzarella grated, or vegan cheddar
- pinch chilli flakes
- 1 tomato sliced
- salt and pepper
- Slice your bagel in half.
- Toast (or broil) until golden.
- Spread each cut side with tomato puree and sprinkle with oregano.
- Top with grated cheese and chilli flakes (these are
- Finish off with slices of tomato.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill (or broil) until the cheese has melted.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Calories are for a whole bagel pizza, if you share half each with salad just half the calories.
- You can use plain or wholemeal bagels instead.
- Once cool, these can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days and served cold in lunchboxes. They will lose some crispness, but will still taste good.
- Freeze them before the final grill (or broil). Keep them in the freezer for 2-3 months (flash freeze on a tray, then move to a freezer bag). Oven cook from frozen.