Are you getting bored with your lunch? We have just the thing for you. 39 exciting vegan sandwiches for you to try at home.
WHY DO WE LOVE SANDWICHES SO MUCH?
Sandwiches are a real favourite at lunchtime.
But why do we love them so much?
- They are quick to make (usually)
- They are an easily prepared lunch.
- They are filling.
- You could have a different sandwich filling every day of the year (especially if you read this guide).
- The carbs! We all love the carbs. They give us energy and a good source of fibre.
- They taste great!
- They are not expensive.
- You can save money by making yourself at home.
- They are a portable meal.
- They keep well through the day until you want to eat (if you wrap them well).
WHAT BREAD SHOULD YOU USE WHEN MAKING A SANDWICH?
To make the best sandwich you need the best ingredients, so don't scrimp on the bread.
Here are a few ideas for the best bread to make a tasty sandwich.
- Brown seeded bread
- Oatmeal bread
- Rye bread
- Sourdough bread
- Sourdough bread toasted
- Tiger bread
- Toasted white or brown bread
- White bloomers bread
- Wholemeal bread
HOW DO YOU PREVENT A SANDWICH FROM BECOMING SOGGY?
- Spread your bread with vegan butter (or spread), mayo or mustard. This will provide a bit of a barrier.
- Make sure if you rinse your salad, you dry it well.
- Make salad leaves your second layer, they will also help provide a wall between the bread and the filling. Remember to add it on top of the filling too, to protect the other slice of bread.
- If your sandwich has quite a wet filling, you can take the filling in a separate container and put it together at lunchtime.
- Let any cooked or grilled ingredients cool completely before adding to your sandwich.
- You can also toast your bread before you make your sandwich, but let the toasted bread cool first.
- Make sure it is securely wrapped.
39 OF THE BEST VEGAN SANDWICHES
5. Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich (gluten-free)
18. Vegan Tofu 'Egg' Salad Sandwich (gluten-free)
31. Mini Vegan Caprese Pesto Sandwiches