An easy recipe for vegan tomato soup with just 5 ingredients and seasoning. Made in under 30 minutes and served with a swirl of vegan cream.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE VEGAN TOMATO SOUP
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tomato puree
- Vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SOUP?
TINNED TOMATOES OR CANNED TOMATOES
ADD VEGAN CREAM TO THE SOUP
HOW LONG WILL VEGAN TOMATO SOUP KEEP?
CAN THIS SOUP BE FROZEN?
LUNCH BOX SOUP
Make an easy vegan cheese and chive beer bread to serve with your soup.
It's a super easy, no yeast and no knead bread.
MORE VEGAN SOUPS TO TRY
Vegan Tomato Soup made with Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 800 g chopped or plum tomatoes 2 x 400g/14 oz tins/cans
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- pinch salt and pepper
- In a pot, saute the onion and garlic in the olive
oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes (with their juice), tomato puree
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Blend with a stick blender or whizz in a blender or
food processor until smooth. If you don't have either you can leave it with texture or sieve.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a swirl of vegan cream (optional but
- Calories are for 3 portions.
- There are 177 calories in 2 large portions.
- Cream will add extra calories if you add it. There are 6 calories in 1 tsp of Alpro single cream (vegan)
- This is a small batch soup, but it can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- This soup can be frozen in freezer bags or airtight tubs in the freezer for 3-4 months. To defrost, remove a portion from the freezer and leave it in the fridge overnight.