WHAT IS CHEESE SAVOURY?
WHAT SHOULD I ADD TO A CHEESE SAVOURY SANDWICH?
VEGAN CHEESE SAVOURY SANDWICH FILLING
WHAT'S IN IT?
- Grated vegan cheese
- Grated carrot
- Finely chopped red onion
- Vegan mayo
- American mustard
VARIATIONS TO CHEESE SAVOURY
- MUSTARD - I use American mustard in my cheese savoury, but you can skip the mustard altogether if you like.
- If you don't want to use the yellow American mustard, you could add dijon mustard or wholegrain mustard.
- ONION - I use red onion, but you could use any onion you like. You can use white or brown onions, or even spring onions (also known as green onions or scallions).
- RED PEPPER - For extra flavour and colour, you could also add thinly shredded red pepper.
- SALAD CREAM - Not everyone uses mayonnaise in cheese savoury, some people use salad cream. Salad cream is a pale yellow British condiment which is sometimes which is often used in place on mayonnaise. It has a slight vinegar tang, but it's creamy like mayo.
- Vegan salad cream is available in most supermarkets.
HOW LONG WILL CHEESE SAVOURY KEEP IN THE FRIDGE?
MORE VEGAN SANDWICH RECIPES TO TRY
- Christmas Feast Sandwiches
- Falafel & Apple Salad Sandwiches
- Kale & Potato Sandwich
- Roast Vegetable & Tofu Sandwiches
- Sage & Onion Cheese Sandwiches
- The Ultimate Vegan Sandwich
- Vegan Club Sandwich
- Vegan Sandwich with Red Lentil Spread
- Vegan Italian White Bean & Tomato Sandwich
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CHEESE SAVOURY
Once you've made a bowl of cheese savoury, you can store it in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. I wouldn't recommend freezing it. If you're not going to use much, just make a smaller batch.
Vegan Cheese Savoury Sandwich Filling
- 120 g vegan cheddar grated
- 1 large carrot grated
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 6 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp American mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Add the vegetables to a large bowl.
- Add the mayo, mustard salt and pepper and mix well.
- Taste to see if it needs more salt or pepper.
- Once you've made a bowl of cheese savoury, you can store it in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container. I wouldn't recommend freezing it. If you're not going to use much, just make a smaller batch.
- You can use a different mustard and replace mayo with vegan salad cream if you like.
- Calories are for 6 servings.