A tasty vegan lunch wrap filled with Greek salad and a delicious Greek Salad Dressing.
VEGAN GREEK SALAD LUNCH WRAP
How good does that look?
Believe me, it tastes as good as it looks.
Sweet juicy tomatoes, salty vegan feta, and a glorious Greek dressing.
It's quick to make and tastes delicious.
It really perks up lunchtime. It's something to look forward to.
I like to use flour tortillas for these wraps.
I'm just not as fond of corn tortillas.
My favourite brand of tortillas are Mission Deli. They are large flour tortillas and really soft, so great for wrapping.
I usually buy their wheat and white wraps. I don't mind their plain tortillas, but I really don't like their wholegrain version. I don't know what it is about them, but just no!
Of course there are so many good tortillas out there so just use your favourite.
Green spinach tortillas would be good for this wrap too, if you can find some.
Just make sure you buy large wraps, it would be a disaster with the mini wraps.
HOW TO FOLD A LUNCH WRAP
STEPS TO FOLD A WRAP
- Lay the large flour tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread on any mayo etc, then place the filling horizontally along the top about ¾ of the way up, leaving space around the filling.
- Fold the sides in, partially over the filling.
- Holding firmly, fold the top over the filling and tucked in sides.
- Roll towards you.
- Cut in half and serve.
I love vegan feta.
It crumbles nicely, it's creamy and it has that salty taste just like the original.
There are lots out there but I like Violife Greek White Block.
Now as I said it's great on salads. It's also good crumbled over pasta, savoury tarts, in sandwiches and wraps ........ There are so many ways to use it.
However, it's not the cheese to add to a dish in the oven as it just dissolves. So none of that TikTok feta cheese pasta, unless you add it at the last minute.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH A LUNCH WRAP
Most of the time I just serve a wrap as it is, but it can be nice to make a bit more effort, especially if you are serving it for friends or as a light dinner.
Here are a few ideas of what to serve alongside a salad wrap:
- A side salad
- A few crisps (chips) and apple wedges
- Hummus and carrot sticks
- Potato wedges or fries and mini corn on the cob
- Vegan potato salad
- Vegan coleslaw
- Kale chips
- Tortilla chips and dip
MORE VEGAN LUNCH WRAPS TO TRY
- Beet Salad Wrap
- Carrot & Spinach Crunch Lunch Wrap
- Green Power Lunch Wrap
- Onion Bhaji Lunch Wrap
- Red Pepper & Kale Lunch Wrap
- Spicy Bean Lunch Wrap
- Tex Mex Cheese Crunch Wrap
WANT NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX?
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN GREEK SALAD LUNCH WRAP
- Make up the salad dressing. A jam jar is great for mixing and storing salad dressing.
- Spread vegan mayo on a large flour tortilla.
- Add the salad leaves and cucumber to the top half of the tortilla, leaving a space around the edge.
- Top with halved cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Add cubes or vegan feta and drizzle with a little of the Greek salad dressing.
- Fold firmly (see folding graphic above for the technique), cut in half and serve.
Vegan Greek Salad Lunch Wrap
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 2 tsp vegan mayo
- handful salad leaves
- 4 slices cucumber halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 black pitted olives
- 25 g vegan feta, cubed
- 1 - 2 tsp Greek salad dressing
- pinch black pepper
- Lay the flour tortilla on a flat surface and spread with mayo.
- Add the salad leaves to the top half of the wrap, leaving a space around the edge and top with cucumber.
- Add cherry tomatoes., black olives and cubes of feta.
- Season with black pepper and drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of the dressing over the wrap filling.
- Fold the sides of the tortilla partially over the salad filling, then fold the top of the tortilla firmly over the filling and tucked in sides and roll towards you, tucking in as you go.
- Cut in half and serve.
- You can easily scale this recipe up to make more wraps.
- If you're making it for later, wrap firmly in kitchen foil, parchment paper or reusable sandwich wrap.
- This wrap is best eaten on the day it is made, but you can make it the night before and store it in the fridge until the next day.