A lunch crunch wrap filled with Tex Mex flavours, then toasted. The wrap filling is also great in sandwiches. Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
This is the latest wrap recipe I created for my husband's lunch box.
He's asked me to make it again this week, so he obviously really enjoyed it.
The filling is packed with flavour. It has a filling of vegan cheese and Tex Mex vegetables, beans and spices.
It's easy to make and super tasty!
SO WHAT'S THE CRUNCH ALL ABOUT?
I toasted this wrap on my crepe maker, so the outside had a bit of crunch.
Yep, my crepe maker!
It's the best gadget I've bought in a long time. I'm using it so much.
As well as crepes and pancakes (have you seen my gorgeous banana pancakes), I'm also using it to make quesadillas and crunch wraps like this one.
I'm sure I'll find some other uses too.
Don't worry if you don't have a crepe maker, you could toast your wraps in a hot pan, in a panini machine, a toastie maker or even a George Forman style grill. Yep, I've made toasties in mine.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A TEX MEX CHEESE CRUNCH WRAP
- Flour tortillas
- Vegan sour cream or creme fraiche (if you don't have either you can use vegan mayo)
- Fresh spinach
- Vegan cheese
- Red pepper
- Spring onion (scallions)
- Sweetcorn (tinned or any cooked corn)
- Salt & Pepper
- Salsa (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
MORE LUNCHTIME WRAPS TO TRY
- Carrot & Spinach Crunch Lunch Wrap
- Greek Salad Lunch Wrap
- Hummus Wrap
- Onion Bhaji Lunch Wrap
- Quinoa Veggie Wrap
- Red Pepper & Kale Lunch Wrap
HOW TO FOLD A LUNCH WRAP
- Place your flour tortilla on a plate or cutting board.
- Add the filling in a line horizontally about ¾ of the way up, leaving a border around the edge. Don't overfill it.
- Fold the sides in, over some of the filling.
- Fold the top of the tortilla over the filling and folded in sides, holding it firmly.
- Roll it towards you tightly, tucking in the sides if you need to as you go.
- Once you have a sausage shape, cut in half and serve or wrap up tightly for lunch.
Tex Mex Cheese Crunch Wrap
- 120 g vegan cheddar grated
- ½ red pepper finely diced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 2 tbsp sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp black beans
- 2-3 tbsp vegan sour cream or vegan creme fraiche or plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 4 tbsp vegan sour cream or mayo
- 4 handfuls fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp salsa optional
- 2 tbsp guacamole optional
- Add the sandwich filler ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well.
- This filling can be added to sandwiches or wraps.
- Place your first tortilla on a plate or chopping board and spread with sour cream or mayo.
- Add a layer of fresh spinach near the top of the tortilla, leaving a border clear.
- Top with some of the sandwich filler.
- Add small dollops of salsa and guacamole (optional) and wrap.
- Toast each side of the filled wrap in a hot pan, panini machine or under the grill.
- Cut in half and serve or wrap up for later.
- Repeat for your other wraps.