The most delicious sriracha chickpea & Avocado wrap, made with an easy chickpea sandwich filler and salad. Make a batch for the week ahead.
I'm on a roll (excuse the pun) with my new sandwich and wrap recipes (check them out in my sandwiches and wraps section) and my latest is a corker.
A tasty chickpea sandwich filler on a flour tortilla with avocado, salad and hot sauce (just a little).
My husband is very happy with all these new lunches being offered up to him.
- 🌶 What is sriracha?
- 🥫 Tinned or fresh chickpeas?
- 👩🏻🍳 What you need to make this tasty vegan lunch wrap
- 🥪 Variations to the recipe
- 🌯 How to fold a lunch wrap or burrito
- 💭 Can you make these ahead?
- 🥗 What to serve on the side
- 🌯 More vegan lunch wraps to try
- 📋 Want new recipes delivered to your inbox?
- ⭐ Pin it for later
- 🥦 Living on the Veg
- 👩🏻🍳 Step-by-step photos to make Sriracha Chickpea & Avocado Wrap
- 📖 Recipe
🌶 What is sriracha?
Sriracha is super popular hot sauce.
It is a popular addition to Thai food and it has become a must-have for anyone who likes a bit of heat with their meal.
This spicy sauce is made in California and is also known as Rooster Sauce.
Bright red and super tasty, this sauce is made with jalapenos, garlic, vinegar and sugar, although the actual recipe is very secret.
I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to heat in my food, so I can safely say it is not as spicy as most hot sauces. It has more of a medium heat, that even I enjoy, but it does give a kick.
Love sriracha? Try these 5 minute sriracha noodles (one-pot).
🥫 Tinned or fresh chickpeas?
You can use canned or fresh chickpeas to make these delicious vegan wraps.
I use tinned canned chickpeas as they are very convenient and great quality.
However, with prices going up, I realise a lot of people will be more careful when shopping and may want to soak dried chickpeas for dishes.
Want to soak and cook dried chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) but not sure how?
Check out this guide on cooking dried chickpeas by Veggies Don't Bite.
I have included the drained weight in the recipe, which you can use for measuring out your cooked chickpeas when making these salad wraps.
👩🏻🍳 What you need to make this tasty vegan lunch wrap
Here are the simple ingredients you need to make this chickpea wrap.
- Flour tortillas - go for large tortillas
- Salad leaves
- Avocado - make sure it's ripe
- Chickpeas - canned or freshly soaked and cooked
- Sriracha - hot sauce
- Fresh herbs - single or a mixture (I like parsley, chives, basil or dill)
- Red onion
- Vegan mayo - we love Hellman's
- Lemon juice
- Dried dill
- Garlic powder - or granules (you could use fresh garlic)
- Salt & pepper
See the printable recipe card (at the end of this post after the step-by-step photos) for quantities.
🥪 Variations to the recipe
Here are a few suggestions for tweaks to this sriracha flavoured wrap.
- Corn tortillas - instead of flour tortillas
- Sandwich - use the fillings in a sandwich with wholemeal bread
- Tomato - add slices of tomato or sundried tomato
- Cannellini beans - instead of chickpeas
- Sweet chilli sauce - instead of sriracha sauce, for sweetness and less heat
- Spring onion (scallions) - or white onion, instead of red onion
Like a bit of spice, also try this Vegan Bombay Cheese Sandwich.
🌯 How to fold a lunch wrap or burrito
Here is an easy guide with visuals, so you can fold each lunchtime wrap perfectly every time.
I fold it towards me, but many people prefer to fold away from them. Do what feels more comfortable.
Folding a wrap successfully
- Lay a large flour tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread on any mayo etc, then add the filling horizontally along the top about ¾ of the way up, leaving space around the filling.
- Fold the sides in, partially over the filling.
- Holding firmly, fold the top over the filling and tucked in sides.
- Roll towards you, tucking any ends in as you go.
- Cut in half and serve.
💭 Can you make these ahead?
These wraps are best made on the day they are served but you can make the chickpea sandwich filling ahead.
Store it in the fridge for 3-4 days in an airtight container.
A great way to make these tasty wraps even quicker to make.
🥗 What to serve on the side
Want more than a wrap for lunch here are some tasty ideas and recipes to serve with your wrap.
- Mexican rice
- Chips or fries
- Crisps (chips)
- Potato salad - try this dill potato salad
- Coleslaw - try this carrot & dill slaw
- Corn on the cob
- Couscous - try this Mediterranean couscous salad
🌯 More vegan lunch wraps to try
Here are a few more of my favourite wraps for you to try.
- Black Olive Couscous Wrap
- Carrot & Spinach Crunch Lunch Wrap
- Greek Salad Lunch Wrap
- Lebanese Falafel Wrap with Tahini Dressing
- Lentil Burrito Lunch Wraps
- Onion Bhaji Lunch Wrap
- Red Pepper & Kale Lunch Wrap
- Tex Mex Cheese Lunch Wrap
Also, check out my guide to wraps 50 BEST Vegan Lunch Wraps & Easy FIlling Ideas.
📋 Want new recipes delivered to your inbox?
Check your spam folder if they don't arrive, I share a new recipe on each of my blogs every week.
⭐ Pin it for later
🥦 Living on the Veg
Once you've signed up for my newsletters and followed me on social media, why not join my Facebook group Living on the Veg?
Such a friendly community with lots of recipes and chat. I'm in there every day chatting. It's such a nice place to spend time.
👩🏻🍳 Step-by-step photos to make Sriracha Chickpea & Avocado Wrap
Step-by-step photos. Keep scrolling for the full printable recipe (with full ingredient list and nutritional info).
- Add the cooked chickpeas to the bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Don't mash them completely, it is good to keep some texture.
- Next, add the fresh herbs and chopped red onion.
- Add the mayo and sriracha sauce.
- Then add the dried herbs and other flavourings and salt and pepper to season.
- Mix well and taste to check the seasoning.
- Place your large flour tortilla on a flat surface..
- Add the chickpea filling.
- Top with slices of cucumber and avocado.
- Add a handful of salad leaves and top with a drizzle of sriracha and wrap.
- See the above guide on how to fold a wrap.
Sriracha Chickpea & Avocado Wrap
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 240 g chickpeas (400g/14 oz tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed)
- 1 handful fresh herbs (basil, parsley, chives or dill)
- ½ red onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons sriracha (plus 2 teaspoons for drizzle)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or granules)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 8 slices cucumber
- 1 handful salad leaves
- ½ avocado
- In a large mixing bowl add the chickpeas and mash them with a fork or a potato masher. Don't mash completely, it's nice to have some whole chickpeas or larger pieces for texture. Stop mashing just before it is completely mashed.
- Add the red onion, 2 tablespoons of sriracha, the mayo, fresh and dried herbs, garlic and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add half the mixture to each tortilla (about ¾ way up; leaving a border, in a sausage shape).
- Top with slices of cucumber, and avocado, then some salad leaves.
- Drizzle with sriracha and wrap firmly.
- Cut in half and serve.