I'm obsessed with this 5-minute recipe for vegan air fryer garlic bread. It is crisp and utterly delicious!
I'm actually drooling thinking about it and trying to decide that yes it will go with the sweet and sour tofu I'm making tonight, but of course it won't, sigh.
This is now my favourite garlic bread.
I don't think I will be buying shop-bought garlic bread any time soon!
- ⏲️ 5-minute garlic bread
- 🥖 Air fryer garlic bread
- 🥘 Oven-baked garlic bread
- 🧾 What you need to make vegan air fryer garlic bread
- 💭 Can't find mini tortillas?
- 🌶 Make it spicy!
- 🥣 Make the garlic butter ahead
- 🌡️ Freezing garlic butter
- ⏲️ How long will it keep?
- 🍕 Serving garlic bread
- 📋 More vegan air fryer recipes
- 📋 Want new recipes delivered to your inbox?
- ⭐ Pin it for later
- 🥦 Living on the Veg
- 👩🏻🍳 Step-by-step photos
- 📖 Recipe
⏲️ 5-minute garlic bread
This glorious vegan garlic bread is cooked in the air fryer in just 5 minutes.
It's perfect if you want garlic bread and you want it quick.
🥖 Air fryer garlic bread
If you have an air fryer with shelves, you can just pop this garlic bread straight on the shelves to cook.
Just remember that the top shelf always cooks faster, so you may need to move the garlic bread from one shelf to another.
If you have an air fryer with a drawer, you can just place it in the drawer, unless you have some sort of shelf fashioned.
Also, try Chickpea Farinata (Socca) Flatbread.
🥘 Oven-baked garlic bread
If you don't have an air fryer, you can pop the garlic bread on a baking tray in the oven.
It may take a few minutes more, as the air fryer is usually quicker.
🧾 What you need to make vegan air fryer garlic bread
Here are the simple ingredients you need to make this crisp but buttery garlic bread.
- Mini flour tortillas
- Vegan butter - or spread
- Garlic - crushed or finely grated
- Parsley - fresh or dried
- Chilli flakes - optional, but they take it to another level
- Salt and Pepper - to season
See the printable recipe card below for quantities and oven temperature.
💭 Can't find mini tortillas?
If you can't find mini flour tortillas, you could use large.
If you are cooking in an oven, keep them whole. There is enough butter for two large garlic breads.
For the air fryer, once buttered cut the tortillas into quarters, so they will fit.
🌶 Make it spicy!
I added a pinch of chilli flakes to the garlic butter mixture which just makes it even more fabulous.
It's enough to add a little warmth, but not a lot of kick.
If you like things spicy you may add more chilli flakes to your tortilla garlic bread.
🥣 Make the garlic butter ahead
Make up a single or double batch of the vegan garlic butter ahead and either keep it in the fridge or freeze in batches.
If you're keeping it in the fridge for when you're having pizza or pasta for dinner, or just have a craving, just spoon it into a small airtight container.
🌡️ Freezing garlic butter
For the freezer, you could either roll it in a sausage shape in baking paper or freeze it in an ice cube tray.
Once frozen move the garlicky cubes to a freezer bag and keep for up to 3 months.
To defrost just pop them in the fridge in the morning and it will be ready when you need it at lunch or dinner time.
⏲️ How long will it keep?
This is a recipe to make fresh.
However, as I suggested you can make the vegan garlic butter ahead.
🍕 Serving garlic bread
Personally, I could just eat a whole tortilla garlic bread as a snack, but here are some serving ideas.
- Pizza - Serve with pizza, it's lighter than regular garlic bread
- Salad- Serve with a dressed salad like this grinder salad
- Pasta - Serve with the pasta of your choice, try this one-pot vegan mac and cheese
- Risotto - Serve with a mushroom risotto
This air fry garlic bread is a really good snack for movie night with a glass of wine too.
Also, try this quick garlic pizza bread.
📋 More vegan air fryer recipes
Here are a few more easy vegan air fryer recipes for you to try.
- Caprese Sandwich (toasted or air fryer grilled)
- Cheese Toasties - with gooey vegan cheese and some extra flavour boosters
- Easy Pepperoni - vegan of course
- Falafel- crispy oil -free falafel
- Golden Syrup Flapjacks - for a taste of Scotland
- Fruit Scones - who could resist
- Pizza Chickpeas - crispy chickpeas with the flavours of pizza
- Raspberry Muffins - so fluffy and moist
- Sweet Potatoes - soft and fluffy baked potatoes
- White Bean Falafel - rolled in sesame seeds
Also, try the traditional Scottish rumbledethumps in the air fryer.
Bookmark my air fryer recipe page, then pop back to check for new recipes or sign up for my new recipe email below.
📋 Want new recipes delivered to your inbox?
If you don't want to miss any of my new recipes, sign up in the green box below and I will send you my new recipes by email when they are published.
Never miss a recipe again!
Check your spam folder if they don't arrive, I share a new recipe on each of my blogs every week.
⭐ Pin it for later
🥦 Living on the Veg
Once you've signed up for my newsletters and followed me on social media, why not join my Facebook group Living on the Veg?
Such a friendly community with lots of recipes and chat. I'm in there every day chatting. It's such a nice place to spend time.
👩🏻🍳 Step-by-step photos
Step-by-step photos. Keep scrolling for the full printable recipe for vegan friendly garlic bread (with full ingredient list and nutritional info).
- First, make the garlic butter.
- Add the butter, garlic, herbs and spices to a bowl and mix well until you have creamy garlic butter.
- Slather the butter over the tortillas.
- Bake in the air fryer or oven until crisp and all melty with butter.
- Cut into triangles and serve.
Quick Vegan Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 4 mini flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (or vegan spread)
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (or fresh, chopped)
- 1 generous pinch chilli flakes
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Peel and crush or finely grate the garlic
- Add the butter to a bowl and soften with the back of a spoon.
- Add the garlic, herbs and chilli, then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Slather on 4 mini flour tortillas, covering as evenly as possible.
- Bake in an air fyer at 180c/350f for 5 minutes. (check notes for oven). Keep an eye on it and if you have shelves you may need to swap it over as the top one cooks quicker.
- Cut into triangles and serve.