An easy Greek salad dressing with all the flavours of Greece. Drizzle over salads, mix through pasta salad or add to your salad wrap or pitta to add a delicious zing.
EASY GREEK SALAD DRESSING (SMALL BATCH)
JAM JAR SALAD DRESSING
HOW TO MAKE A GOOD SALAD DRESSING
SALAD DRESSING TIPS
- The vinegar can be exchanged for other acidic ingredients like lemon juice or lime juice.
- Sometimes a salad dressing will have both vinegar and an acidic fruit juice.
- If you are adding a sweeter fruit juice like orange or mango, then I would suggest adding vinegar too for zing.
- Adding fruity zest adds even more flavour.
- To make a dressing creamy, you can mix in vegan plain yoghurt, vegan creme fraiche or vegan cream.
- You can also add dried or fresh herbs.
- Some people love crushed garlic in a dressing, but it's not for everyone.
- Add chilli flakes to give a bit of heat.
- Always remember to season your salad dressing with salt and pepper.
- Before you drizzle the dressing, have a taste to make sure you have the right balance of flavours.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE GREEK SALAD DRESSING
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- White wine vinegar
- Wholegrain mustard
- Dried oregano
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt & pepper
HOW LONG WILL SALAD DRESSING KEEP?
10 WAYS TO USE SALAD DRESSING
- Drizzled over a salad
- Mixed through couscous
- Drizzled in a salad wrap
- Drizzled in a salad pitta
- Mixed through cold pasta and vegetables for a pasta salad
- As a dressing for coleslaw instead of mayonnaise
- As a dressing for potato salad instead of mayonnaise
- Drizzled over roast vegetables
- Mix with plain yoghurt to make a dip for crisps (chips) or crunchy salad
- As a marinade for BBQ vegetable skewers
Easy Greek Salad Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar can be swapped with a different vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard you can use your favourite mustard
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- handful fresh parsley optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a clean jam jar and shake well to mix.
- If you don't have a jam jar you can whisk in a jug or bowl or shake in a small airtight container.
- Taste to check the balance of flavours and seasoning.
- This salad dressing may be kept in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- It will keep for longer without fresh parsley.