Try this easy pomegranate and lemon salad dressing on your next salad or wrap. Super quick to make and it tastes great.
I'm never organised enough to have a bottle of ready-made salad dressing just when I need it, but I do have a well-stocked fridge and pantry, so homemade salad dressings like this pomegranate & lemon salad dressing are but a moment away.
This delicious small-batch salad dressing is super quick to make and you don't need a lot of ingredients.
- 🥃 Small batch salad dressing
- 🍯 Jam jar salad dressing
- 💭 Do you use fresh pomegranate?
- 💭 What are pomegranate molasses?
- 🍋 What you need to make this easy vegan salad dressing
- 💭 Which type of olive oil?
- 🥬 How long will salad dressing keep?
- 🥙 Ways to use salad dressing
- 🥗 More easy vegan salad dressings to try
- 📋 Want new recipes delivered to your inbox?
- ⭐ Pin it for later
- 🥦 Living on the Veg
- 👩🏻🍳 Step-by-step photos
- 📖 Recipe
🥃 Small batch salad dressing
As I don't eat a salad every day, I like to make a small batch of salad dressing, so I can use it all.
Don't you hate throwing out-of-date salad dressing away? Me too.
🍯 Jam jar salad dressing
Usually, I make my dressings in a jam jar.
Jam jars are perfect for dressings and marinades.
- Recycling jam jars instead of throwing them out
- They are airtight
- Store well in the fridge
- Stack well
- Give them a shake to mix your dressing (they do tend to separate as they sit)
- You can easily see how much dressing is left
- Easy to wash
I also have a mini milk bottle with a lid, which I used for this dressing, which is also just the right size.
💭 Do you use fresh pomegranate?
You can of course use fresh pomegranate to make a salad dressing.
Use either (or both) the seeds or juiced seeds for a smoother juice.
You could also use shop-bought pomegranate juice if you can find it.
For this recipe, I used pomegranate molasses.
💭 What are pomegranate molasses?
Pomegranate molasses are popular in the Middle East and are used a lot in Persian dishes.
Pomegranate molasses are thick syrups made from heavily reduced pomegranate juice.
Sometimes sugar is added into the mix too.
Often called pomegranate syrup, but it's the same thing.
Check out Healthy Nibbles blog for an easy recipe for homemade pomegranate molasses, if you fancy having a go at making it yourself.
🍋 What you need to make this easy vegan salad dressing
Here are the simple ingredients you need to make this tasty dressing.
- olive oil
- pomegranate molasses
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- American yellow mustard (or dijon mustard)
- salt & pepper
See recipe card below for quantities.
💭 Which type of olive oil?
The type of olive oil you use will really change the flavour.
I like to use a mild olive oil.
Extra virgin olive oil is fabulous to drizzle over salad leaves on its own or with some vinegar, however you need to be cautious when making dressings with it.
Virgin olive oil has a strong flavour and it can overwhelm the other flavours in a salad dressing.
I recommend a mild olive oil.
🥬 How long will salad dressing keep?
This salad dressing will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
🥙 Ways to use salad dressing
Here are a few ways to use your salad dressing.
- Salad - Drizzled over a salad like this Tex Mex Corn Chopped Salad.
- Wraps - Drizzle it over your wrap filling, before folding.
- Pitta - Drizzle it over salad and vegan feta in pitta bread.
- Pizza - Use it as a dip for your pizza crust.
- Potato Salad - Use it as a dressing on potato salad instead of mayo.
- Coleslaw - Use it as a dressing in coleslaw instead of mayo.
- Pasta - Dress pasta salad with salad dressing for a pop of flavour.
🥗 More easy vegan salad dressings to try
Here are a few more delicious salad dressing recipes you might like to try.
- Cashew Pesto - thin with some olive oil to make a delicious dressing
- Greek Salad Dressing - small batch salad dressing
- Homemade Vegan Mayo - super easy and very tasty
- Ranch Dressing - my favourite salad dressing
- Russian Dressing - fabulous drizzled on a Vegan Reuben Sandwich
Also, check out 20 Vegan Jam Jar Salad Dressings for more inspiration.
📋 Want new recipes delivered to your inbox?
Check your spam folder if they don't arrive, I share a new recipe on each of my blogs every week.
⭐ Pin it for later
🥦 Living on the Veg
Once you've signed up for my newsletters and followed me on social media, why not join my Facebook group Living on the Veg?
Such a friendly community with lots of recipes and chat. I'm in there every day chatting. It's such a nice place to spend time.
👩🏻🍳 Step-by-step photos
Step-by-step photos. Keep scrolling for the full printable recipe (with full ingredient list and nutritional info).
- First, choose your container. Any clean bottle or jar with a lid will do. I like a jam jar or mini milk bottle with a lid.
- Add the olive oil (full printable recipe card below).
- Now add the pomegranate molasses, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Next add the mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Screw on the lid tightly, then shake well to mix and emulsify the dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easy Pomegranate & Lemon Salad Dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses (or syrup)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (finely grated)
- 1 ½ teaspoons American yellow mustard o(or dijon mustard)
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- First choose your container. Any clean glass bottle or jar with a lid will do. I like jam jars or mini milk bottles.
- Add all the ingredients to the bottle or jar and screw the lid on tight.
- Shake to mix well and emuslify the dressing.